The COVID-19 pandemic caused the cancellation of multiple sporting, boating and other events, happenings and activities across the globe in 2020. For both boat buyers and sellers, the cancellation of the big boating shows was a major blow. Melbourne did manage a virtual show and Sanctuary Cove a COVID-safe boating festival in November but for most people, there were none if few opportunities to check out new boat models. At Jade Boat Loans we stay across the boating industry news and are pleased to report that organisers have posted dates for boating, outdoor and lifestyle shows for 2021.
While the big boat shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane attract the most attention, it can be worthwhile slotting in some of the smaller events into your diary. The camping and caravan industry has expanded their scope of many of their expos and shows to be far more inclusive of all outdoor and lifestyle activities including boating.
We’ve compiled this calendar for your information but of course, all dates and venues can be subject to change. We recommend you check with the organiser’s website closer to the date to confirm details and exhibitors.
Events Calendar: January - June 2021
- 5th -7th Newcastle, NSW: Newcastle Caravan Camping Lifestyle Expo. Newcastle Entertainment Centre
- 12th-14th Moreton Bay, QLD: Moreton Bay Caravan, Camping, Boating ad 4x4 Expo. Redcliffe.
- 17th-21st Adelaide, SA: Let’s Go Caravan and Camping Show. Adelaide Showgrounds
- 6th-7th Rosehill, NSW: Rosehill Trailer Boat Show. Rosehill Racecourse.
- 5th-7th Gold Coast, QLD: Let’s Go Gold Coast Caravan and Outdoor Expo. Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast.
- 11th-14th Mornington VIC: The Great Outdoor and 4x4 Expo. Mornington Racecourse.
- 17th-21st Perth WA: Perth Caravan and Camping Show. Claremont Showgrounds.
- 19th-21st Brisbane, QLD: National 4x4 Outdoors Show, Fishing and Boating Expo.
- 9th-11th Nambour, QLD: South Queensland Caravan, Camping, Boating and Fishing Expo. Nambour Showground.
- 13th-18th Rosehill NSW: Caravan Camping Holiday Supershow, Rosehill Racecourse
- 30th April – 2nd May Albury, NSW: Albury-Wodonga Caravan, Camping, 4WD Fish and Boat Show. Albury Showground.
- 30th April – 2nd May Ballarat, VIC: The Great Outdoor and 4x4 Expo. Ballarat Showground.
- 7th-9th Cairns, QLD: Cairns Home show and Caravan, Camping and Boat Show. Cairns Showground.
- 14th-16th Townsville, QLD: Townsville Expo. South Townsville, Boundary Street.
- 21st-23rd Geelong, VIC: Geelong Outdoor Living Show. Geelong Showground.
- 20th-23rd Sanctuary Cove. QLD: Sanctuary Cove Boat Show. Sanctuary Cove Marina.
- 21st-23rd Mackay QLD: Mackay Home Show and Caravan, Camping and Boating Expo
- 17th-20th Melbourne VIC: Melbourne Boat Show
- 26th-27th Darwin NT: Darwin 4WD, Boating and Camping Expo. Darwin Showground.
- TBA Brisbane QLD: Queensland Caravan, Camping, Touring Supershow. Brisbane Showground
We’ll review further dates later in the year and bring you an update on July through December events.
Preparing for a Boat Show
You may think it is mainly the exhibitors that have all the preparation for a boat show. Selecting which boats to show, preparing their brochures, training staff and planning their exhibit. But attendees also need to do their prep.
It can be confusing when you are viewing a large number of boats at the one time and place. Trying to convert purchase prices into boat loan terms can be challenging. Savvy attendees will be ready with the Jade Boat Loans Calculator accessible on their phone. Our calculator is a web-based function which should be accessible from any device with online connectivity.
As you browse around the show, simply enter the purchase price of any boats you are interested in into the loan calculator, enter the terms you would anticipate requesting and you’ll immediately receive a repayment estimate.
If you’re offered dealer or manufacturer finance, we have another tool to have in your boat show toolkit – our Lender Comparison Calculator. We’ve compiled a list of major marine lenders, including Jade, with the interest rates they are currently offering on consumer boat loans. When presented with a finance offer, simply refer to our comparison chart to see the interest rate that Jade is currently achieving. We’re pretty sure it will be cheaper!
Show specials are an exhibitor favourite. Discounts, add-on deals and special packages which are only available for purchases made at the show will likely be on offer across the show. Great if you’re in a position to commit, not so great if you don’t have your finance sorted. You might pay a deposit with the hope of securing a boat loan later, only to find yourself scrambling and accepting a more costly finance offer. You may sign up to the seller’s finance on the spot only to find out later you could have got a much cheaper offer through Jade Boat Loans.
Avoid FOMO and avoid on the spot expensive decisions by organising a pre-approved secured boat loan through Jade Boat Loans. This is a service we provide where we arrange quotes and process boat loan applications through to the approved stage based on an anticipated ‘spend’. You know you are approved for a loan to that amount so you can proceed with committing to a sale and possibly capture a great boat show special. There is no obligation to proceed with a pre-approved boat finance so if you don’t buy at the show, no problem.
For a quote on your boat loan before you head to a boat show or at any time, contact Jade Boat Loans 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION AND THE DETAILS WHICH HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE ARTICLE IS PROVIDED AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. THERE IS NO INTENTION THAT THIS BE THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATIOIN FOR THE READER. IT IS INTENDED AS GENERAL IN NATURE. IF A READER CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE FINANCIAL ADVICE AROUND THEIR OWN PERSONAL FINANCES, THEY ARE DIRECTED TO CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS OR MISREPRESENTATIONS OF DATA, FIGURES, FEATURES AND INFORMATION AS SOURCED FROM OTHER SOURCES SUCH AS MANUFACTURERS OR GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS AND AUTHORITIES.