The end of the year and start of a new year is traditionally SALE TIME in many industries. In the same spirit as the famous Boxing Day and New Year retail store sales events, many sectors, including marine outlets, get in on the action. With 2020 having been what it was, massively impacted by coronavirus, it can be expected that clearance and sales events may be even more widespread than usual. Businesses will be keen to move existing stock before 2021 models arrive and they’ll be riding the wave of increased consumer confidence figures.
At Jade Boat Loans, we not only offer cheap boat loans but our expertise, resources and advice to ensure that our customers are well-equipped to make the most of the deals on offer and avoid missing out on limited time sales.
Model clearances and general sales events are often limited in quantity of boats available or are only available for a limited time. Being prepared so you can commit asap is the secret to success at sale time.
Step by Step Sales Strategy
The first and arguably the most important aspect to success at the sales is to lock-in your boat loan beforehand. If you head to the showroom, boatyard or marina to view the boats on sale at reduced prices, then head off to arrange a boat loan, they may have sold out of that model by the time you get yourself organised.
It’s never really too early to start the finance process and your Jade consultant is on hand to assist through every stage.
- Checking out the sales events online makes narrowing down your selection a lot easier. Jade further assists at this stage with our boat loan calculator. Keep it open in another browser while checking out the boats. You can quickly and easily get a rough ballpark estimate on boat loan repayments on any and all boats you are checking out.
- The calculator is easy to use. Just enter the amount you want to borrow which can be in many cases 100% of the purchase price, then the time you want to repay the loan. You’ll instantly see a rough loan repayment displayed.
- If you have a boat that you plan to trade-in you can deduct that amount from the purchase price.
- If you plan to sell your existing boat privately, this may happen after your new purchase. In that case, you may choose to then put those funds towards your new boat loan in extra payments. Secured Boat Loans by Jade include the option to make additional payments.
- If you still owe money on a loan on your existing boat, you will need to finalise that finance before selling the boat. Refer to our recent article on Selling a Boat under Finance for guidance in that process.
- Back to the new boat and the boat loan calculator. If the repayment you’re seeing meets your budget expectations, next step is to contact Jade Boat Loans for a confirmed quote. You can request a quote online or just give us a call.
- Your Jade consultant will proceed with sourcing you the cheapest interest rate boat finance quote from across our large number of lenders. If you’re happy with the deal we source, then it’s time to make a formal loan application.
- One step back – we will request a range of information on your finances and other details as we are required to do so under consumer finance law. So having all that information at your fingertips will speed up the process. Getting all that together ahead of time is a good idea. To find out exactly what is required, give us a call at any time for a Secured Boat Loan information pack.
Pre-Approved is Pre-Prepared!
In the steps above we’ve been covering the finance side of boat buying without much mention of interaction with the boat dealer/seller or selecting the boat. That’s intentional. When heading to a sale event or even at any time, getting a pre-approved boat loan is a key strategy. Your loan is quoted, processed and approved based primarily on a dollar amount rather than a specific boat. Though knowing what boat you intend to purchase can be helpful. Used boats often attract different interest rates and conditions. So if buying second hand it’s preferable to have the boat details to advise your Jade consultant.
For now, let’s focus on the new boat market which tends to be where the big clearance and sales events happen. Having your boat loan pre-approved gives you the opportunity to make an on the spot buying decision to ensure you don’t miss out on limited stock availability. Your Jade consultant, is available to expedite the entire process, handling the paperwork, liaising with the boat dealer and assisting you at every step to ensure your boating dreams become a reality!
It’s never really too soon to contact Jade to start the boat loan process, especially if you intend to capture a great deal at the New Year clearance sales.
For a quote on your boat loan, just contact Jade Boat Loans 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: YOU ARE ADVISED THAT THE INFORMATION PRESENTED HERE IN THIS BLOG, IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED TO REPRESENT FINANCIAL ADVICE IN ANY WAY. IF YOU CONSIDER THAT YOU DO REQUIRE ADVICE IN REGARD TO YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION, THEN WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU SEEK A CONSULTATION WITH A PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED IN REGARD TO THE DETAILS OR ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WHICH MAY IN PART HAVE BEEN SOURCED FROM A RANGE OF SOURCES.