It’s been a while coming but finally Aussies can travel internationally. For boating enthusiasts and prospective buyers that means travelling overseas to boat shows to check out the latest models. One of the nearby boat shows coming up on the calendar is the Hutchwilco Boat Show in Auckland New Zealand from 12-15 May. This is a massive event and has only recently been confirmed as proceeding when the NZ Government relaxed the COVID restrictions. Could be a great reason for a quick getaway to combine a break with seeing what is on offer on the NZ boat market. Australians planning to travel across the ditch, attend the Hutchwilco Boat Show and purchase a new boat, can apply for pre-approved boat loans prior to departure.
Large, popular boat shows attract great attendances. Excellent for exhibitors and organisers but it can be challenging for visitors keen to buy but arrive less than well-prepared. We share some useful information on how visitors to the Auckland show can prepare to be ready to place their boat purchase order on the day.
What’s on – Hutchwilco Boat Show
The late decision by NZ Government around COVID restrictions in the Auckland area meant somewhat of a late call on the show proceeding with organisers issuing the news in 13 April newsletter. At this stage, there is no list of exhibitors appearing on the show website but this event usually attracts over 150 exhibitors. Sponsors include Hutchwilco which is a distributor of marine safety equipment, products and accessories as well as Surtees, Yamaha and Garmin.
This is the longest-running and the biggest boat show in New Zealand and exhibitors include a wide range of the latest boats, electronics, accessories and engines. In addition there are educational sessions, family attractions and a massive fishing supermarket.
The show will be held at the Auckland Showgrounds from 12-15 May and visitors are encouraged to purchase tickets online. Auckland is a great city with a strong boating community so plenty of attractions for boating enthusiasts when not at the boat show.
Our golden rules when it comes to attending boat shows, especially if you’re particularly keen to inspect with the intention of buying:-
- Review the exhibitor listing prior to arrival – these are usual available on the event website.
- Earmark those you want to catch up with so you don’t waste time browsing.
- Review the floor plan so you know exactly where they are located to avoid wasting time wandering the marinas and exhibition halls.
- Ensure the Jade Boat Loans website is quickly accessible on your phone. Use our online Boat Loan Calculator for rough estimates on loans when you find a boat you’re interested in.
- Arrange your boat loan prior to the event so you are in a position to negotiate price and proceed to purchase on the day. Many exhibitors offer show special prices which are only valid during the event. Having finance pre-arranged places potential buyers in an ideal position to proceed and capture the deals and the boat! This can be particularly important in these times of supply issues.
Pre-Show Pre-Approved Boat Loans
Organising your boat loan prior to attending a boat show presents many advantages. It can provide the confidence to proceed with the purchase in the knowledge that you have been approved.
Pre-approved loans also provide certainty for buyers in regard to budget. If a buyer is unsure how much in a boat loan they would be approved for, they may not feel confident enough to proceed to pay a deposit. A pre-approved boat loan provides that certainty.
In these times of supply issues, having a pre-approved boat loan may be the difference between actually getting that boat or not. Those with finance sorted can immediately commit while those without may have to wait till they arrange their loan.
Pre-approved loans are not complicated or difficult. Your Jade Boat Loans consultant follows the same procedures that we do when sourcing boat loans after our customers have made their buying decisions and committed to the sale.
The key difference being that in the case of a pre-approved loan, the exact total loan amount may be unknown. This is often only known after the marine dealer prepares the final invoice. No problems, your consultant will finalise the exact loan amount at the settlement phase.
There is no obligation to proceed with a pre-approved boat loan if the buyer changes their mind with the purchase. The loan has a valid period after which, if not utilised, the offer expires. So don’t head off to Hutchwilco without your pre-approved boat loan from Jade Boat Loans.
Loans for Overseas Purchases
If planning to purchase at the NZ boat show, buyers may have questions around getting a boat loan in Australia for a boat purchased overseas. We’ll address those queries:-
- The exchange rate may impact certain aspects of the boat loan. The loan will be in Australian dollars and the purchase price in New Zealand dollars. So the loan amount, if for the full purchase price of the boat, may need to be finalised at the exchange rate on the day of settlement.
- The interest rate on a boat loan for an overseas purchase will be priced at the Australian interest rate that we can achieve at the time the loan application is lodged.
- The same features of the Secured Boat Loan will apply.
- Buyers will need to ensure that the boat can be registered for use in Australia. As many marine manufacturers and dealers operate in both Australian and New Zealand markets, the seller should be able to assist with this certification.
Jade Boat Loans has the expertise and experience to assist buyers with overseas boat purchases. Our consultants will arrange the loan settlement and if required, provide assistance in regard to customs and logistics.
So make your travel plans and contact us so you are fully prepp’d for that trip over the ditch!
Contact Jade Boat Loans on 1300 000 003 for a pre-show pre-approved boat loan
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION AND SPECIFIC DETAILS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT OF THIS ARTICLE HAVE BEEN PREPARED AND ARE PRESENTED PURELY AS GENERAL INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR BOAT BUYERS AND LOAN BORROWERS. FOR THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE SPECIFIC ADVICE, THEY SHOULD CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED IN REGARD TO ERRORS AND MIS-PRESENTED DATA AND DETAILS HEREIN.