Owning your own boat means endless days of enjoyment and fun on the water, right? Well that’s the plan and general intention but it doesn’t always work out that way. But it can. There are a number of simple steps that those planning a boat purchase can follow to ensure the entire process of buying the boat and the on-water experience is even more enjoyable.
Take the Hassle out the Loan Process
Here’s a morsel for thought – when something is a real pain in the neck to achieve or acquire, is that seen as a success to be chuffed about or a lifetime bad memory? To explain, you spend a hell of a lot of time trying to get a boat loan. Wasting time waiting for returned calls from lenders that never seem to eventuate. Talk until you’re blue in the face to lenders about why they should give you a better loan. Live in a constant state of infuriation for weeks because you can’t get any lenders to budge on interest rates and won’t give any sensible reasoning. Think you’re doing the right thing by contacting a heap of lenders only to find you have multiple loan quotes in different formats and with differing fine-print which seems to require a degree to interpret. And so on and so on until you finally, in a state of exasperation give up and just agree to whatever you can achieve.
So boat ownership achieved. Then when a friend comments ‘nice boat’, your immediate reaction could be ‘you wouldn’t believe the hassle I went through to get it’. Sound familiar? Maybe not with a boat purchase but possibly with some other similar scenario. The hassle and negatives seem to outweigh the enjoyment, at least initially. Especially when a boat loan can be over up to 7 years, you may be reminded of that negative experience every time a repayment is due.
So first things first. Make sure your boat ownership experience gets off to a very positive and agreeable start. Don’t source your boat finance yourself. Engage the services of a specialist marine finance broker like Jade Boat Loans to handle the process.
We cut out those pain points and the hassle associated with DIY boat loans. Our consultants take your brief and take on the task and take the weight off your shoulders. With our large number of accreditations we can access the cheapest interest rate boat loan to meet your requirements quickly and easily.
With our extensive experience and position in the market, we have the bargaining power to negotiate on behalf of our customers on rates and any other niggly sticking points in the loan conditions.
We present you with the one cheapest loan quote and provide our expertise to explain the fine-print so all you need to do is listen and take it all in.
By making the loan securing process a dream, we ensure our customers start their boat ownership journey on a really positive note.
Ease the Stress of Being a Skipper
Operating a boat does require skill and the more confident a skipper is, the more enjoyable the boating experience for the skipper and all aboard. It can at times be stressful, but paying attention to a few aspects can go a long way to reduce that stress.
- Prior to taking ownership take lessons. If you’re a first-timer or need a refresher, there are plenty of educational courses available to up your boat operational skills.
- Know the rules of the water. This is part of acquiring a boat licence, bit staying across changes in the waterway rules can ease the pressure when out on the water. It also reduces the possibility of copping a fine.
- Stay up to date with the weather especially tide times. Knowing the tide times can significantly contribute to a more pleasant boating experience especially when launching and retrieving a trailer boat and/or crossing a sand bar or operating in certain conditions. Be aware of the weather forecast and always plan your outing to suit the conditions. When the authorities say the conditions are not suited to boating offshore – stay in-shore or on-shore!
- Time your activities to avoid the crowds. If launching a trailer boat or jet ski, plan your day to coincide with the least busiest times at your favourite ramp. This will ease the aggravation and ensure you get a parking space for the trailer.
- Ensure you have everything you and your guests may need. Ensure you have good cover and protection so guests can shelter from the elements. Not all may be as hardy as you and especially if children are coming on board. You want them to be comfortable or they may start whingeing!
- Have plenty of sunscreen, extra hats and handy sunglasses toggles ready to lend to guests so they don’t lose theirs overboard.
- Have plenty of refreshments and ice for the eskies or space in the fridges. Check all the batteries and other levels before heading out to avoid disasters.
- Safety gear – life jackets for all, not negotiable!
These are just a few tips which are can be worth a lot in adding to the enjoyment of owning a boat even before you take the helm.
Paramount to the entire process is of course selecting a boat which meets your requirements and the anticipated needs of those you will be inviting on-board. Think bathrooms, good cover, rest areas, kitchen or food preparation and storage facilities as starters.
At Jade we work hard to take the pressure and hassle out of the loan process so positive and pleasant memories are always associated with boat ownership.
Contact Jade Boat Loans on 1300 000 003 for a positive boat loan acquisition process.
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION AND SPECIFIC DETAILS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT OF THIS ARTICLE HAVE BEEN PREPARED AND ARE PRESENTED PURELY AS GENERAL INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR BOAT BUYERS AND LOAN BORROWERS. FOR THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE SPECIFIC ADVICE, THEY SHOULD CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED IN REGARD TO ERRORS AND MIS-PRESENTED DATA AND DETAILS HEREIN.