We’re now in July and that means the much-awaited Sydney International Boat Show is only weeks away. This iconic event in the boating industry will be held from 28 July through to 1 August at the Sydney International Convention Centre at Darling Harbour. Boat shows present great opportunities to see and compare different makes and models up close. Keen buyers can be well-prepared to place their orders on the day and save time by pre-arranging their marine finance through Jade Boat Loans with a pre-approved boat loan.
We check out the latest updates from the event organisers around what you can expect to see and provide details on how to secure your pre-approved boat loan before attending.
Boat Show Updates
Over 240 exhibitors will be attending the 2022 Sydney Boat Show and over 900 boats of all types and sizes will be on display. That’s a lot of options for buyers and highlights the need to be organised with your finances so you have a clear idea of how much you are approved for and can set your purchasing budget.
Some of the latest news about what exhibitors will be displaying include:-
- Quicksilver Boats will be launched by Arvor Boats including the 875 Sundeck model and the 675 Cruiser.
- The largest boat on the marina will be from Australian Superyachts – The Majesty, coming in at around 100’.
- Six extremely popular 23-39 footers will be on display from Monterey Boats.
- The Fleming 55 will be showcased by Fleming Yachts, reportedly the first of this kind of yacht in the country.
- A fully-electric PWC will be unveiled by Taiga Motors – the Orca.
- For multihull buyers, look for the Fountaine Pajot and Iliad models being showcased by Multihull Solutions.
To stay across the latest announcements and updates follow the event on social media
Pre-purchasing tickets online is a must-do and can be done at the event website or through Eventbrite
Pre-Show Preparation – Hints and Tips
When attending any show or exhibition with keen intentions to purchase, it can become an overwhelming experience. Doing that extra bit of preparation beyond buying tickets and sorting transport options can be extremely beneficial on the day.
We share a few ideas so you can be well-prepared to attend this month’s Sydney Boat Show and be first in line to place that order:-
- Keep across the event website for any updates as while COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, this can be a changing landscape.
- Review the exhibitor listing and earmark the location of those you are particularly interested in visiting. These shows can be massive in space and crowd numbers and having a mental map of where you’re going can be very helpful.
- For extremely keen buyers, contact the exhibitor ahead of time to see if they are making appointments for inspections and purchase discussions.
- If you intend to purchase, arrange your marine finance before the date – see below for how we can assist you with this aspect.
- Have our Boat Loan Calculator easily accessible on your phone. Why? You may be offered dealer or manufacturer finance for a purchase on the day. It can be tempting to commit there and then. By using our calculator you can quickly access the estimated repayments on that boat based on our better interest rates. It could mean a significant savings.
- If you haven’t pre-arranged finance and decide to place an order on the day, have our number handy to give us a call from the show to request a quick quote or commence a loan application.
Taking these simple actions can contribute to a more enjoyable and successful show attendance.
Securing Pre-Approved Boat Loans
A pre-approved boat loan does not attract a premium or a different interest rate than a loan that is sourced post-purchase. The same Secured Boat Loan is the most commonly used and with our fixed and cheaper interest rates, the most popular with buyers.
This type of loan is available for the purchase of all types of new vessels including power, yachts, PWCs, runabouts and trailerboats.
The one big variation compared with after-purchase loans is regarding the total loan amount required. When arranging finance before a deal is struck with the boat dealer, the exact price or cost is not usually known. Options may be added on top of the RRP and discounts may be offered to reduce the RRP.
When applying for a pre-approved boat loan estimate the total loan amount and it can be savvy to over-estimate by a small amount to avoid any issues and ensure you’re covered. If you are not sure of the RRP on the boat you are considering, pre-enquire from the manufacturer around the price range before attending the show and inspecting the vessel.
The currently changing interest rate scenario should be taken into consideration when applying for a pre-approved boat loan. The RBA Board meets on the first Tuesday of the month which places the August meeting on the 2nd a day after the Sydney show wraps up. Discuss how this may impact your pre-approved boat loan quote with our consultants and possibly allow for any increase in rates.
Applying for pre-approved boat loans is a quick and easy process as the hard work in sourcing the cheapest quote negotiating with lenders and handling the paperwork is done by our consultants on your behalf.
So get organised, know what you want to see at the Sydney Boat Show, call us for your pre-approved boat finance and enjoy the show!
Speak with Jade Boat Loans by calling 1300 000 003 for pre-approved marine finance before the Sydney Boat Show.
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION AND SPECIFIC DETAILS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT OF THIS ARTICLE HAVE BEEN PREPARED AND ARE PRESENTED PURELY AS GENERAL INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR BOAT BUYERS AND LOAN BORROWERS. FOR THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE SPECIFIC ADVICE, THEY SHOULD CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED IN REGARD TO ERRORS AND MIS-PRESENTED DATA AND DETAILS HEREIN.