Jet skis are considered as boats by Jade Boat Loans and we provide loans to purchase both jet skis and other personal watercraft. Jet Ski is in fact the brand name owned by manufacturer Kawasaki, who introduced these pocket rocket fun machines over 40 years ago.
Over time, while other manufacturers entered the market, the name ‘jet ski’ or ‘jetski’ morphed into the general name for this entire category of personal watercraft (PWCs). The PWC category is popular with a range of people across the general boating scene as they are easy to tow compared with say a speed boat, relatively easy to store in a garage, easy to ride and deliver a maxed-out adrenalin rush.
Jet skis in particular are predominantly for fun riding but there are also PWC models especially designed as tow boats – an affordable option to a two boat for some pursuits.
Apart from the thrill-seeking attraction of jet skis, other manufactured have seen the potential of PWCs and there is now a great range of PWCs on the market which have been developed for still water fishing. These craft are fully set-up to suit solo fishing expeditions on lakes and rivers and offer the fishing enthusiast an affordable alternative to purchasing a boat.
In addition to recreational uses, PWCs are vital equipment for water safety and rescue purposes and surf lifesaving clubs and other marine rescue organisations are equipped with these craft.
Most states will require you to have a boating licence to drive a PWC, so check with your state marine authority for your local regulations. Safety equipment is also mandatory – ensure you order all you need, lifejackets for all passengers in the correct sizes, when purchasing your craft so you can include the cost in your overall Jade Boat Loan.
Selecting Your PWC Type and Style
The main manufacturers in this category are Kawasaki with their Jet Ski, Sea-Doo with quite a large range of models and Yamaha with their very popular WaveRunner range. The craft are generally available in a range of types and configurations, which will be your first purchase decision.
- Stand Up Jet Skis
- Seated with capacity for 1,2 or 3.
- Tow Sports
- General Recreational Activity
When choosing which is the best jet ski or PWC for you, here are a few considerations:-
- Purpose: how you intend to use your craft, on what waterways and for what activities.
- Capacity: how many people in addition to the rider you would like to take.
- Riding ability: there are supercharged and high performance models available which are most likely better suited to experienced rather than novice riders.
- Storage and Towing: the capacity of your vehicle to tow the craft and where you will store it.
- Price: the price range varies according to size, specs and other features. Before making a decision based purely on the ticket price, speak with Jade Boat Loans about a quote on your craft or use our Jade Boat Loans calculator for a rough ballpark estimate on repayments. Our cheap boat loans may make a more expensive model more affordable for you.
Current Ranges Available
- Kawasaki Range: Kawasaki introduced us to the Jet Ski and they have continued to excite the market with new models. The range currently includes stand up, supercharged and non-supercharged models with variations within each model collection. There are more variations currently available in both the supercharged and non-supercharged than the stand-up category.
- Sea-Doo: Sea-Doo have the largest variety of PWCs in this class as they have developed craft to suit specific purposes and currently offer the Rec Lite, Recreation, Touring, Tow Sports, Sport Fishing and Performance ranges. The Fish Pro model is particularly interesting as it is set-up, as the name suggests, for the fisher but with capacity for 3 people. Ideal for the sports fisher competing on lakes and rivers and a great option to a tinnie or small fishing boat. It comes complete with cooler, fish finder, attachment points, extended rear platform, storage and for those wanting to cool off – a handy boarding ladder.
- Yamaha: Yamaha also offer a good selection of their Waverunner with several model ranges including the luxury models and rec lite options. Options for seating up to 3 people and multiple variants in each category.
Before heading into the dealership, speak with Jade Boat Loans for a pre-approved jetski loan so you’re fully prepared and won’t be tempted to sign up for the dealer finance, which can be more expensive than the deal your Jade consultant may be able to source for you.
Jade Loans for Jet Skis and PWCs
Most PWCs are purchased for personal use so the most popular type of Jade Boat Loan for these craft is the jet ski finance, which features:-
- Jade’s cheap interest rate, fixed for the loan term
- Fixed loan term
- Fixed monthly repayments.
Click over to our Secured Boat Loans web page for full details on this loan type or just give us a call for a quick quote.
For a great loan on a Jet Ski, Waverunner or Sea-Doo PWC, speak with a Jade Boat Loans consultant 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS FOR GENERAL CONSIDERATION. ANY REFERENCE TO OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POLICIES HAS BEEN SOURCED FROM AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT AND STATE GOVERNMENT SOURCES. INFORMATION ON INDIVIDUAL VEHICLE SPECS IS SOURCED FROM THE MANUFACTURER WEBSITE. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS IN PRESENTATION OR INTERPRETATION OF THE FACTS AS PROVIDED BY THESE SOURCES. WE ADVISE ALL INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES TO REFER TO THEIR ACCOUNTANT OR FINANCIAL ADVISOR FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SPECIFIC TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES.