After an agonising and disappointing 2020 and 2021, the boat show scene is set to be revived in 2022. With so many shows, including some of the biggest, cancelled due to COVID over the past 2 years, prospective buyers were deprived of many of the stellar opportunities to view new models in person. The cancellations were also a major blow for the industry.
Boat sales definitely soared due to the pandemic as boating attracted newcomers who would normally holiday and travel interstate or internationally. While some manufacturers were rushed off their feet trying to stay across the orders, many would have certainly missed those valuable exhibition experiences to launch new models direct to the buying public.
Now, with Australia reaching those critical vaccination targets, plans are well underway for the 2022 calendar of boat shows across the country. We fully appreciate the significance of these shows to the marine industry and for buyers so Jade Boat Loans reports on the boat show calendar of events for 2022 as published to date.
Preliminary 2022 Boat Show Calendar
- The Sanctuary Cove Show was one of the few that did manage to be staged in 2021, attracting over 50,000 visitors though without many interstate visitors with border restrictions in place. Organisers now have plans well underway for the 2022 show with exhibitor bookings now open.
- For those planning to visit the Queensland event from other states, travel is set to be in hot demand in 2022 so it could be worth planning your trip. Mark the date 19 – 21 May and keep an eye on the website for updates on ticketing
- The National 4×4 Outdoor Shows are back on the agenda and include fishing and boating displays and exhibitors. Brisbane is set to host the show 18-20 March 2022 and Melbourne 19-21 August 2022.
- The Adelaide Boat Show is pencilled in for June 2022 but no specific dates as yet. Check in at for updates at the show website.
- For Melbournites, those who without doubt endured the most with lockdowns, the Melbourne Boat Show is back on 16-19 June 2022.
- The Sydney International Boat Show is the major drawcard on the boating industry calendar and the industry will be thrilled to welcome back this iconic event 28 July – 1 August 2022. The event attracts both Australian and international visitors so stay up to date when details are released.
- In August it’s back to the Brisbane International Boat Show. Dates 19-21 August.
- In September, it’s off to Darwin for the Boat and Travel Show and also in September, the Perth International Boat Show is on the agenda. Keep across the details for major boat shows to plan your visit.
In addition to these major events, there are many smaller, regional outdoor and leisure shows which include plenty for boat owners to see and do. We’ll bring you further updates on these events as the organisers get organised and release details.
Show Visitor Tips and Hints
Some of these dates may seem a long way off right now, but with travel in hot demand in coming months, it would advisable to make travel and accommodation bookings well in advance. Our experts share our show visitor tips so you are well-prepared when attending a major show.
- Check the event website well ahead for ticketing and book early. Although COVID restrictions are being phased out in many states, some may still be in place. So be aware of what is required and secure your tickets early.
- If you are genuinely looking to buy a new boat at the show, do your research before attending.
- Check out the exhibitor listings prior to see what boats you are interested in inspecting. Make a short list and contact the exhibitor to express your interest. These shows can be very busy and you may arrive at a display to find it very crowded. Some exhibitors will make appointments for buyers.
- Arrange your finance before attending the show. Jade Boat Loans offers brand new boat financing across our loan portfolio. These loans can be locked in to ‘approved’ stage before the buyer makes a commitment to purchase. With some manufacturers still facing delays due to the microchip shortage internationally, stock of some models may be in short supply in 2022. Those who are ready, with finance confirmed, to place an order on the spot, may be the ones that sail off into the sunset first.
- Be ready to take advantage of show specials and event discounts. Having your loan organised prior to arrival can mean you are ready to place an order. Many exhibitors offer discounts which are only valid for orders placed at the show. A pre-approved boat loan ensures you could be one of the lucky ones!
- Load our Boat Loan Calculator into your mobile phone prior to attending. This will enable you to quickly and easily calculate estimated repayments on any boat that catches your eye. And you can call us from the show for a quick quote. The calculator also allows you to have a quick loan comparison tool if you are offered finance by the boat dealer. Our Jade Boat Loans do feature cheap interest rates so there is a big chance we can better their offer.
The boating community including our team at Jade Boat Loans is eagerly anticipated the return of the very popular boat show scene in 2022 and we’re ready to assist visitors secure the best loan deals for their purchases.
Contact Jade Boat Loans on 1300 000 003 to discuss pre-show pre-approved boat finance.
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION AND SPECIFIC DETAILS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT OF THIS ARTICLE HAVE BEEN PREPARED AND ARE PRESENTED PURELY AS GENERAL INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR BOAT BUYERS AND LOAN BORROWERS. FOR THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE SPECIFIC ADVICE, THEY SHOULD CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED IN REGARD TO ERRORS AND MISPRESENTED DATA AND DETAILS HEREIN.